M. S. Cornell University
B. A. Carleton College
Research Interests: publishing practices of agricultural scholars, information literacy, open access publishing, and preservation of historic agricultural publications.
- Stapleton, S. C., Dinsmore, C. S., Van Kleeck, D., and Ma, X. 2021. Computer-assisted indexing complements manual selection of subject terms for metadata in specialized collection. College & Research Libraries. Association of College and Research Libraries. [in press]
- Johnston, C., Stapleton, S., and Smith, P. L., II. 2021. Creating a test kitchen for research
data management with UF/IFAS Global Feed the Future – Haiti. In B. Buljung & E.
Bongiovanni (eds.), The ACRL Scholarly Communications Cookbook. Association of
College & Research Libraries (ACRL). Chicago, IL. [in press]
- Birch, S., Stapleton, S., and Vargas-Betancourt, M. 2020. Outreach from academic
libraries: Supporting our local school district’s diversity initiative. College & Research
Libraries News, 81/7: 345-349. https://doi.org/10.5860/crln.81.7.345
- Stapleton, S. C., Royster, M., Bharti, N., Birch, S., Bossart, J.L., Butts, S., Cataldo, T.
T., Gonzalez, S. R., Minson, V., Putnam, S. R., and Yip, C. 2019. Girls Tech Camp:
Librarians inspire adolescents to pursue STEM careers. Issues in Science and Technology
Librarianship, 92: https://journals.library.ualberta.ca/istl/index.php/istl/article/view/22/61
- Stapleton, S. C. 2019. A team approach: Library publishing partnerships with scholarly
societies. Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication, 7(1):
- Stapleton, S. C. 2019. Urgenci: International Network of Community Supported
Agriculture (urgenci.net). Journal of Agricultural and Food Information, 20/3: 196-205.
- Google Scholar Profile
Recent Grant Activities:
- Historical Naval Stores Review preservation and digitization [Pine Chemicals, Inc. Project Award]. Stapleton, S., Hodges, A. W., Perry, L., Pursley, T.
- Discovery and usage of digital items with enhanced metadata: a test case of machine-aided indexing [Smathers Library Strategic Opportunities Grant]. Stapleton, S., Dinsmore, C., van Kleek, D., Spears, L, Perry, L. and Phillips, R. (https://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00010234/00002)
- UF Library Journal Publishing Survey – 2019. Stapleton, S., Johnston, C., and Collins, P. (report: https://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00011146/00001; video summary: https://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00011136/00001)
- Preserving Florida’s agricultural history: Digitization of the Florida Cattleman & Livestock Journal. Stapleton, S. C. (report: https://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00009276/00002; video introduction: https://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00010705/00001)